Friday, April 15, 2011

Warning: Very Sensitive Issue

This is my blog. These are my feelings. I know some things should be thought and not said, but some of those things will eat at you until you get them off your chest. This post is about stillborn babies. If you do not want to read it I advise you stop reading now. This is an incredibly sensitive topic, and I do not mean to offend anyone. I am only speaking my person feelings.

I know of someone who recently lost their baby. I don't think that any person on the face of the earth should have to deal with losing a child, in utero or already born. I can't possibly imagine the pain of losing someone who never had a chance at life. Someone you were waiting so anxiously to hold, and to love. I hope and pray every day that I never have to feel that pain, and my heart aches for every mother that has had to deal with that loss.

Now, here's where I get to the sensitive issue, as this is clearly not a one-size-fits-all problem. Death to me is something I'm not very comfortable with. The thought of it is just terrifying. Some people are okay with it, I'm just... not. I don't understand posting pictures of your stillborn child on social networking sites. I didn't have a choice whether or not I saw that picture. There is was, right at the top of my news feed. I just looked at it, kind of in shock. This baby is not alive is the only thing my brain would let me think. I kept telling myself this is still her baby, her precious baby that she wanted, and loved. But at the same time I couldn't handle it at all. This tiny little person, dressed in white, she just looked so broken.

I can't get that picture out of my head. I'm truly sorry for her loss, but I feel as if the picture was a bit much. I felt so guilty about my feelings. I still do. I feel disturbed and incredibly upset. But it's just an innocent baby. Her innocent baby. Her angel. Her Facebook. She has every right to post anything she wishes.

I have no idea what I would do if I was ever faced with a situation like this. I would want to take pictures. They would be the only memory I had of my little one. But would I share them with Facebook? I want to say no. If I felt the need to share them, I would ask who would like to see them, instead of just posting them without warning. But I would probably keep them to myself. They would be my private pictures. Not in a shameful way, but in a personal way.

I still feel like absolute dirt for how I feel about this. I completely understand why you would want to share your child with your friends. But it's a very sensitive issue, and I just feel like there should've been some cover over it, instead of just thrown out there.

Again, I'm sorry if this offended someone. I just had to get that off my chest.

1 comments:

Reading Revival said...

Don't beat yourself up. A lot of people probably feel the same way. Too me it is a little bit disturbing to post them. I never would have thought to take a picture to begin with I don't think. If it were to happen to me I would, but I wouldn't post them for the world to see. That's just me. To each their own. Sorry for their loss regardless.

Post a Comment