Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dreams... Pt. 1

Last night I had horrible dreams. They probably seem stupid and childish, but I still feel like I need to write them down. Never said you had to read this, did I?

It started that me and Matt were looking for a place to live. We had looked and looked, and I found this house I just fell in love with. It was off by itself, behind trees, with a huge yard. It looked like it had been abandoned for quite awhile, but nothing a bit of love and elbow grease wouldn't fix right up. And luckily, it was for rent! Even better, it was in our price range!

So we were driving, and I had him pull over to check it out. The guy who was renting it was already there for whatever reason. He was really tall and really skinny, kind of had that hillbilly look going on. He was dirty and scruffy, his beard as gray as his hair. He took us to the front porch, and opened the door for us. He told us it was a mess, and to be careful where we stepped. He didn't follow us inside.

Me, Matt, and Krystal walked into the house, and besides the fact it was filthy, it was amazing and huge. We walked through the first room, which I just call the "welcome room", because it's just big enough to decorate and take your shoes off in but not a room you'd want to occupy for long periods of time. There was dust and mouse droppings all over the floor, and in the middle of the floor there was a little crochet mouse. White, with black ears. At the end of this room there were three stairs leading down (to living room) and three leading up (to the dining room/kitchen). We walked into the dining room, and I looked behind at the mouse on the floor. It started walking across the floor, and I immediately started feeling things weren't right here. But I wasn't going to let a haunted cat toy ruin my dream house.

We continued looking around the house, the whole thing dirty and musty, but still oddly beautiful. However much I liked the house however, I couldn't shake the feeling things just weren't right. But for the price and the space we would have, I ignored my gut and we got the place.

Next thing I know, we've got the place cleaned up and ready to live in. Apparently in dreams, moving in means all your stuff magically appears in the house exactly where you want it and all you have to worry about is how to get the boxes of crap you don't know where to put in the attic. For some reason, this was my job.

As I was up in the attic, I had an intense feeling of dread and overall horribleness. (Yes, horribleness). That feeling I had gotten in the house was coming from here. I tried again to ignore but that's when I started hearing his voice. His voice was cold and full of hate, and completely paralyzed me with fear. He told me things like he was going to make me kill myself, and that nobody liked me, I was a horrible person, etc. He just sat there and told me these things over and over again.

It felt like hours, but was probably only a few minutes. Finally, when he left, it was as if I had only dreamed that it happened, and I kind of shrugged it off and went back to getting the boxes arranged.

Over the next few days or weeks whatever things got worse. His voice was following me constantly, and it was no longer just affecting me, it was affecting my family as well. Things would break for no reason, like plates in the cupboards being thrown across the room, or pictures falling off the walls constantly. Lights were constantly going on and off, as well as TV's and any other electronics. But I was still the only one who could hear his hateful voice.

Eventually, his words became my life. I did want to kill myself. I did hate myself, and my family. I didn't deserve any of it, and they would all be better off without me. I sat in the "welcome room" for probably close to a day. Matt tried to talk to me, I couldn't even hear him. I didn't even care. Somehow, he knew what was happening. I think he started hearing his voice too. He knew I had to get out of that house, but I refused to move. When he tried to move me I would just come back. I want to say Krystal was with my mom at this point, because I don't remember her being there and I remember her being with my mom later.

After a while, I move from the "welcome room". I'm out in the garage now, and I look up into the attic. I can see his eyes peering down at me, and somehow it wakes me up for a minute. I realize I'm going to die, and we need to leave. I start running around looking for keys, trying to get clothes, everything else we need to make it a few days until we find out where we're going/what we're doing.

My parents obviously knew I needed help, because they show up with a van and help me get ready. As they're getting everything in the car ready, I realize the attic is empty. This isn't a reassuring feeling, because even though there is nothing in the attic, I still feel him somewhere. Then I realize Matt is gone. And the house is locked.

I can't get in, but I hear him and Matt talking. I can't remember what they were saying, but I know in the end that Matt gets possessed by him, and I had to leave him there, because there was nothing I could do.

And that's only part 1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment